Saturday, April 30, 2005

Sabbath Rest


Saturday is come and gone. I feel like I've had a partial Sabath rest today. I'd really love more. This photo is the view I had outside our home, where I had some time to relax and ponder deep thoughts. Here's what I noticed within myself today. As I committed to "NOT WORK" I realized that I had to give up my worries today because there is nothing I need to do about my problems. These problems will be there tomorrow and now is the time to give myself completely to God's rest. It's also like a short glimpse into heaven. We will finally be at rest, but we may still look back and see all we could have done or what we shouldn't have done. Anyway, in the end it's only possible to rely on God's grace through Jesus. This apparent need for grace became clear to me. In order to take a Sabath, one must recieve grace for all that he or she is not accomplishing on that day. Finnishing projects, paying bills, ballancing accounts, painting the walls, all of these things must bow to the awesome wonder of God's authority. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home