Saturday, May 28, 2005

Cryminie

I'm not sure if that's how you spell the word my grandfather always used to say when things seemed to be way out of control, but it will do for now. Rachel and I have recently moved out of our appartment and taken on the responsibility of caring for three young boys. They are ages five, seven and nine and they are wonderful to be with. Rachel and I are learning so much about what it means to do church and to be parents. It's sort of been baptism with fire since last Sunday. We've got some great pictures, but at the moment don't have a way to post them on the internet. I'm working on that at the moment.

We took the boys out to the running trail and they loved it. It was a nature hike for them, and we didn't cover more than two miles, but they were so excited to see so many new flowers and plants and a baby goose and to throw rocks in the river and play in ways that allowed them to get muddy! It's really important that boys are allowed to get muddy from time to time. I think it makes their blood thinner and releases special hormones that keep them saine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home