Saturday, June 18, 2005

Life Upside Down!

A Dream Deferred
Langston Hughes

What happens to a dream deferred?
Does it dry up
Like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore--
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over--
like a syrupy sweet?
Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.
Or does it explode?

Being with out a permanant residence and staying at my parents house
has been a bit crazy. I've had some time to think back to old dreams
and think about them in light of my present worldview. Here are some
dreams I've had in no particular order. This is also my first list.
Dreams are important.

To be a doctor, pastor, rock star, photographer, gardener/landscaper,
naturopathic physician, husband to a loving wife, friend, a good
brother and son and lastly I dream to do the will of God.

How does that look? I feel so behind on my dreams, yet I feel like
God is saving me for something else.

Lord, Your will be done in my life. Amen.

1 Comments:

At Tue Jun 21, 11:19:00 PM MST, Blogger strive4impact said...

Hey Eric!

You may not feel like you're pursuing the dreams, but you are. It's a journey, not a destination.

As Jeff Olson says, success is the progressive realization of worthy ideals. "Progressive" is the most important word in that sentence.

Just keep progressing! I'm glad you are, because I have learned a lot from you already. (I was just talking to my dad, who's sick, about the Oxygen Bath concept you taught me...)

Keep walking the road less traveled, and you will find that your dreams are not given up on, but deferred for a purpose. And it's not our job to know that purpose.

Talk soon!

Jonathan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home